Blogger Layouts

my crafting buddies

Sunday, 26 January 2014

Black and white Anniversary

Good afternoon to you all and hello to new followers too I hope you enjoy your stay with me and most of all like what you see.
Well what about that weather we had yesterday it was awful thunder and lightening followed the largest of hail stones I have seen in ages :o(

Anyhooooo  there seems to be a trend of Black & White cards going around and although I did one a few weeks ago it did have a splash of red so I decided to to make one that was just B/W there is a little story with this which I will tell you as I go;o)
Also I have seen and love the cards some peeps are making when the just use one patterned paper but use it more that once on the LO so I had me lightbulb moment and thought 2 birds 1 stone.
Now for the story :- are you sitting comfortably go for wee wee or make a drink if needed .......
ready OK
well My MiL asked me to make a card for her to give to my Fil as their Anniversary is the 1st of Feb so  i decided this was the card I was going to do B/W and only use one paper eeekkkkkkkk (don't think I have ever done that before) So I had an idea of what I wanted to created and started putting it together on my PC then I started thinking of Embellishments and the sketch I used used lots of flowers so, I was away with the fairies  going to use these flowers and these flowers and big bow and tons of glitter. Then it hit me I am making a male card aaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!1 so scrap the embellies back to basics.
So I still decided to use the image and paper but keep it to a minimum


 And here it is what do you think I hope it's not to feminine.
The paper was a freebie and I just resized it and was overjoyed when I saw it almost matched her dress (I know I need to get a life hehe:o}
 I faux matted the paper onto black and white digital mats and the printed off and cut out and layered onto card the image I printed off that was also a freebie and I matted that onto black then white card which I distressed and inked with black soot


 I added crystal stickles to the edges of image and also sentiment (well it was in my heas lol) and instead of flowers I added some buttons which I put some Kanban thread through to add a bit sparkle


 and there you have it to complete I made an insert to match with verse


and there it is so what do you think not to feminine is it???? I hope not hehe
I am entering this into the following challneges

 http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/  For loved ones

 http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.ca/  vintage

 http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  Anything goes

 http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ for the boys

 http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/  anything goes

http://www.onesweetchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ black and white




6 comments:

  1. This is great,love the image.....fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the monochrome. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and so elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing at One Sweet Challenge "Black and White". We wish you good luck and hope to see you again soon. Sylvia , DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you pieced all the pattern papers together! Your card looks fabulous! The image is super fun too! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at HIMCR this week!!!

    Emily - Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stunning jacki.fabulous silhouette image and i love your black and white design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they are very appreciated
Jacki xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...