Blogger Layouts

my crafting buddies

Monday, 27 January 2014

CAS card for Anniversary

Good morning to you all I hope you all had a great weekend, loads of crafting done.
As you may have seen I managed to get my MiL's card done for and I still had to make a card to send to them from us and I was running low on ideas I knew I wanted to use an image I had to colour and was thinking of using an LOTV image when I was looking at some blogs for inspiration and ideas and low and behold there it was screaming out to me. Now I don't very often do a CASE card (I think that is what you call it :o) you know when you sort of copy someones idea) but I just really loved this card it was so sweet (but then all her cards are) So a big big MASSIVE thank you to Vicky and you can see what card I'm on about here

 and here is my take  Vicky I hope I have done you justice


 Now I know it's not exactly the same as I don't have all the things Vicky had to make hers and all my papers are of course freebies from http://www.pixelscrapper.com/. Oh I brought this gorgeous new matt paper for printing them on and it has a texture to it you might just be able to make it out in some of these pics so the paaper feels that linen paper it's gorgeous to cut

I matted the papers onto white card the heart is also from pixelscrapper and I just placed it onto the image (which was scanned so I can resize when needed) then I tiled it  I also cut a larger one out to use as an embellie.


 The flower is from a pack my inlaws got for me from Michaels and I just put together with a brad


 The image was coloured with my ever faithful pro / fleximarkers
Colours used are

pastel pink, sunkissed pink, dusky pink, putty, almond light fawn, ivory ( skin)

Rosewood, firewood, terracotta, pastel beige, soft khaki, khaki, (his tops)
Aurburn chestnut sandstone (her hat hat and hair)
 firewood blender (his hair)
cool grey 3 & 4 warm grey 2 &3 champaigne




 I then went round the edges of the image and sentiment with pokey tool and there you have it
to finish off I made matching insert using the same papers and adding a verse
so I will leave you with another view of image




 and I will see you soon hope you like it
I am entering it into the following challenges
 http://stampedblessings.com/  http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/

 http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/  Anything goes

 http://izazoviislatkisi.blogspot.ca/search/label/Izazovi  monochromatic (browns)

http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.co.uk/ Valentines or use hearts (hearts)

http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk  monochromatic (browns)




10 comments:

  1. Great image for an anniversary, love the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always hun....and a fabulous take on my card too.....its perfect...:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jacki: Your anniversary card is so pretty--your parents will love it too. Glad you entered the Simply Create Too "Valentine's Day or Hearts" Challenge #53.

    Please come back this coming Friday, 31 Jan, for our new challenge #54.


    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Jacki. I love your card the image is gorgeous and the layout is great. like you I sometimes look around the internet for inspiration for my cards
    you left a comment on my blog regarding darker skin tones. it took me forever to get a good combination with my promarkers. in the end I found that tan and caramel with pastel pink on cheeks worked best for me Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Jacki, love the design and those papers are so scrummy. Fab colouring too.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacki, love the card it's a stunner with a fab design and beautifully coloured image! Lovely to hear from you, sorry I don't visit you as often as I'd like :( You've always got something amazing for me to see when I do tho'!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous jacki.adorable sweet image and i love your fab layers and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and cute image. Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši this week. Hope to see your work again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute image and great card. Thanks for sharing it at Country View Crafts Monochromatic Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they are very appreciated
Jacki xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...