Blogger Layouts

my crafting buddies

Monday, 31 March 2014

Caught in crystal

Hello every one I hope you're all well and have a good week ahead planned.
I have seen around blog land the caught in crystal technique and really wanted to have a go as I just love getting messy :o) and had an idea of what I wanted to do but wasn't sure if it would work but thought to heck with it and did it anyway ;O0
This is the end result


 the papers are from making cardsmagazine but the smaller one was very pale so I inked all over it with DI then scrunched it and went over again using a mix of antique linen frayed burlap and pumice stone the re inkers victorian velevet and tattered lace.
I printed part of the sentiment straight onto the papers

the bird cages and butterflies are candle and cup cake holders I cut the elements out of and heat embossed.
I printed the image onto printable acetatethen I used the pledge (klear) wax version of the technique (remember not to put the wax on the side you printed on as ot just comes off and goes a yukkie colour :o(  yep I had to re print lol)
then I added re inkers and the blobs you can see I wanted what would happen if I mix alcohol inks with  it and that is happened as the ink hit the wax it sort of hardens and flakes  but I thought it made it look a little aged so kept it on then I just added different shades and coarseness of glitter added tissue and left to dry over night then cut down to size matted onto white card and then added to card.

I added ribbon and lace with a bow and also added ribbon to the bird cages I then added flat backed pearls to the ribbon lengths.
I added liquid pearls to the butterflies and added to the tags (the heart is made from shrink plastic then glittered)


 you can see the glitter in this pic and so I wiull leave you with that and below is a list of challenges I am entering it into
see you soon

 http://mynnettestechniquetuesday.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Challenge  caught in crystal

 http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/animal antics

 http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.ca/ animal antics

 http://sugarcreekhollow.blogspot.co.uk/  make your own backgroud (did small piece od DP and the topper)

 http://izazoviislatkisi.blogspot.ca/search/label/Izazovi  embossing (heat)

 http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  ATG


 http://digihaven.blogspot.ca/  Things with wings


 http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.ca/ Shabby Chic

 http://4kraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/  ATG




21 comments:

  1. this si super, Jackie :) Really great, and very varied from your other styles ;)
    Love the butterfly, and the cages!
    thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy :)
    -Laila aka Koneko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacki. How beautiful, and so much detail and technique in this. It certainly is a WINNER in my eyes. Good Luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,fab design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of bird cages! They all look so lovely together. I love your story of trial and error...things like that happen to me all the time, even when I read the directions! lol I'm glad you stuck with it and tried again to be able to share it with us at TTT. It looks lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully crafted card, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cool! LOVE the fabulous colors and the fun way you hung up those birdcages! ;) Thanks for joining us at TTT! :) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, fabulous use of the technique, I love cards with bird cages and this has a lovely vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at TTT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation love all your gorgeous detail. Now following
    Hugs Debbie xxx
    http://debscraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Jacki. Love that you experimented with alcohol inks too - was wondering if that would work but I ran out of time! Thank you so much for taking part in my Caught in Crystal Challenge at Technique Time Tuesday Challenge and I hope you'll enter our new challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. I love bird cages. Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši (Challenges and candies).
    Hugs, Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love how you did the bird cages-they seem to pop off the card! Beautiful colors-Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! Hope to see you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty card! Love the punch of the orange with the bird cages!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card you made! I like your embossing :-))
    Thank you for joining us at "Izazovi i Slatkiši". Good luck and please join us again!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful creation, thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, hun, you've been having fun......looks like a very interesting & messy technique! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this time & good luck!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. so stunning jacki.your design is fabulous and i love the birdcages ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet card love those birdcages and colours chosen. Thanks so much for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! Such a stunning creation!! I can't believe those are candle and cupcake holders.. Wow!!! You have created some amazing art!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card! Love the birdcages and butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you had fun creating this super background! Great tips too! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow for the create your own background challenge!! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very beautiful in every way. Lovely background, colour and design detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they are very appreciated
Jacki xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...