Blogger Layouts

my crafting buddies

Sunday, 6 April 2014

Eternally Yours

Hello everyone and a big hello to my new followers I do hope you stay with me and enjoy the ride.
Well things have been hectic again here with Phil's cards so this card has taken me over a week to get done. I printed it out about 10 days ago before last weekend anyway and managed to put the actual card together one night this week can't remember which but as it's a large card 8x8" I like to have an overlap at the back to cover the jopin so that had to dry aswell.
Then I wanted to make some flowers for it so I managed to get these done yesterday and stuck on so here it is
 I really wanted to make a gothic card again as I haven't made any for what seems like ages, but I wanted to use normal papers not gothic ones
the papers are all frebies (as usual) and from different blog trains (you really shoukd jump on some it's a great ride and loads of goodies along the way)

the LO is a sketch from bearly mine

 As you can see I have kept as close to the sketch as possible
The image is one I have had for ages and used early last year in blog hop for smeared ink so as it's been that long since I used it and I really do love this image I thought I wouldm use it again

I inked the image completely with versa mark ink then went over with clear embossing powder I then heated it and repeated the process on the 3rd and last time instead of using clear powder I used holographic to add a little pow! to it the as soon as it was melted popped it the freezer. If any of you have never heard of the method you really should try it leave it in for 10 mins or longer if you can. Because the image is still warm from the heating when you put it in the freezer it obviously causes it to cool really quick then when you fetchit out and bend the paper (you have to do this pretty quickly as once out of freezer it tends to warm up with in seconds) and it will start to crack as you bend it don't over do this as sometime the embossing can crack so much that the image starts to peel or flake off (not a good look).
When you're happy with cracks get an ink pad I used black soot and cover the image then using  some kitchen roll rub the access away you will find that the colour seeps into the cracks giving an old aged look and that is what you want.

 Here is a side view of image the light is hitting better and you can see the cracks and the holographic powder


 Now for these blooming flowers Thanks to a very talented lady called chelsea who makes the most beautiful  paper and material flowers she has a few tutorials on her blog and I have been trying my hand at making them or similar made with the same products
These are all made with either coffee filter papers or watercolour paper/card and coloured with DI's and aqua markers

 The little ones and the spikey ones are made from dies from cheery lynnes the carnation (type) are using scallope spellbinder circle dies

so there you have my card for today I hope you like it and I will leave you with a list of challenges I an entering it into

http://papercreatorscrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ spots & dots

 http://acreativeromance.blogspot.co.uk/ spring flowers

 http://creativecornerchallenges.blogspot.de/ flowers

http://frosteddesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/friday-challenge-clearly-transparent.html
Clear embossing powder

http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/  ATG

 http://emergencycrafterschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ polka dots

 http://natalieandamy.blogspot.co.uk/

 http://www.theeastwind.com/  use a sentiment

11 comments:

  1. That's such a cool card Jacki. I love it and your handmade flowers are beautiful. You certainly put a lot of work into this. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb card, love the colors !
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is absolutely fabolous. Love the design withe cracks and love a good tip and details as well. Thanks for playing at The East Wind and good luck. Hope to see you back the 15th for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at The East Wind xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning and striking jacki.the image is fantastic ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! I love the balance of the goth image and the flowers. Great job.
    thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! This is awesome!!! Fabulous colors and such a beautiful card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card- wonderful image!! thanks so much for joining in the fun at Frosted Designs for our Sheer/Clear Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally awesome card sweetie, perfect for any gothic fan. The cracked embossing works as well without freezing it. I prefer to not freeze it as sometimes some of it pops out where it doesnt if you dont freeze it. If you have put too may cracks in it simply put the heat gun back on it & it will melt again covering up the cracks. Some people do prefer the freezer method, I'm too impatient & maybe lazy lol.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacki! As always super stuff to see on your blog :)
    I just wanted to let you know that i nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award.

    http://kamis-castle.blogspot.no/2014/04/liebsters-award.html

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments they are very appreciated
Jacki xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...